A leading American patient-centered health intelligence company, has partnered with Boston Genetics to procure talented Somatic Curator Scientists. Caseworkers will work on curating somatic (cancer) variants and clinical cases arising from clinical oncology diagnostic tests performed on Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms. The Somatic Variant Curation Scientist will play a key role in the clinical operations of the testing laboratory by performing technical and clinical evaluation of the genomic somatic variants utilizing varieties of tools and resources and published medical literature. The curator will also assemble the draft report for clinical cases.
Please note that this position requires specific qualifications listed below. Applications from candidates that do not closely meet these specific qualifications will not be considered at this time.
As a part of the recruitment process, applicants will be required to complete:
● 3 stage interview process
● 2-hour long test
● Reference background check
● This position will include a full-time training program that is expected to last up to 8 months.
● Trainees may be required to travel to the United States of America for on-site training.
● During the training period candidates will be compensated as consultants and are expected to attend training full time.
● Beneficiary employment agreements are offered upon the successful completion of the training period.
● Technical assessment of the prioritized genomic variants identified by clinical oncology testing
● Clinical classification of the prioritized somatic genomic variants by utilizing varieties of tools, resources and published medical literature.
● Assemble sections of the draft report for review.
● Integrates with all aspects of clinical workflow and coordinates with supporting teams.
● Additional translational clinical developmental activities will be required.
● PhD in Life Science such as Molecular Biology/Human Genetics/Cancer Genetics is required.
● In-depth understanding of molecular mechanisms and functional studies is essential.
● Previous experience (either academic or professional) in cancer biology/genomics is a plus.
● Experience in technical assessment and curation of somatic variants from myeloid and/or solid tumors is a plus.
● Experience in curation of germline variants is a plus.
● Paying attention to details, critical thinking and evaluation of data from scientific publications is required.
● Ability to work in cross-disciplinary, fast-pace environment and to meet deadlines.
● Strong analytical skills as well as experience with databases, software and bioinformatic tools is preferred.
● Familiarity with Sanger sequencing and NGS platforms is preferred.
● Record of success in problem solving as demonstrated by high quality publications.
● The candidate must be based either in Croatia or Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Work-shifts on some weekends are expected